JEE Advanced 2024 Physics Books: Chapter-wise Weightage and Important Topics
The JEE Advanced Physics book plays an important role in the JEE Advanced exam preparation. Hence, we have listed the best JEE Advanced Physics book for candidates. Candidates can find this JEE Advanced Physics book in the PW store.
This JEE Advanced Physics book has the last 13 years' JEE question papers for candidates. Hence, it is a perfect choice for candidates preparing for the JEE Advanced preparation. Besides this JEE Advanced Physics book, candidates should follow a unique strategy.
JEE Advanced Physics
Selecting the JEE Advanced Physics book is important for the JEE Advanced exam. Hence, important factors like reviews and ratings posted by fellow JEE aspirants should be considered while selecting the JEE Advanced Physics book.
But searching for all these factors, including previous year's questions in the JEE Advanced Physics book, becomes tedious. Therefore, we have listed the best JEE Advanced Physics book.
JEE Advanced Physics Syllabus
The following provides the JEE Advanced Physics syllabus.
Chapter 1 - General
- Units and dimensions, dimensional analysis; least count, significant figures; Methods of measurement and error analysis for physical quantities pertaining to the following experiments: Experiments based on using Vernier calipers and screw gauge (micrometer), Determination of g using simple pendulum, Young’s modulus by Searle’s method, Specific heat of a liquid using calorimeter, focal length of a concave mirror and a convex lens using u-v method, Speed of sound using resonance column, Verification of Ohm’s law using voltmeter and ammeter, and specific resistance of the material of a wire using meter bridge and post office box.
Chapter 2- Mechanics
- Kinematics in one and two dimensions (Cartesian coordinates only), projectiles; Uniform circular motion; Relative velocity.
- Newton’s laws of motion; Inertial and uniformly accelerated frames of reference; Static and dynamic friction; Kinetic and potential energy; Work and power; Conservation of linear momentum and mechanical energy.
- Systems of particles; Centre of mass and its motion; Impulse; Elastic and inelastic collisions.
- Law of gravitation; Gravitational potential and field; Acceleration due to gravity; Motion of planets and satellites in circular orbits; Escape velocity.
- Rigid body, moment of inertia, parallel and perpendicular axes theorems, moment of inertia of uniform bodies with simple geometrical shapes; Angular momentum;
- Torque; Conservation of angular momentum; Dynamics of rigid bodies with fixed axis of rotation; Rolling without slipping of rings, cylinders and spheres; Equilibrium of rigid bodies; Collision of point masses with rigid bodies.
- Linear and angular simple harmonic motions.
- Hooke’s law, Young’s modulus.
- Pressure in a fluid; Pascal’s law; Buoyancy; Surface energy and surface tension, capillary rise; Viscosity (Poiseuille’s equation excluded), Stoke’s law; Terminal velocity, Streamline flow, equation of continuity, Bernoulli’s theorem and its applications.
- Wave motion (plane waves only), longitudinal and transverse waves, superposition of waves; Progressive and stationary waves; Vibration of strings and air columns; Resonance; Beats; Speed of sound in gases; Doppler effect (in sound).
Chapter 3 - Thermal Physics
- Thermal expansion of solids, liquids and gases; Calorimetry, latent heat; Heat conduction in one dimension; Elementary concepts of convection and radiation; Newton’s law of cooling; Ideal gas laws; Specific heats (Cv and Cp for monatomic and diatomic gases); Isothermal and adiabatic processes, bulk modulus of gases; Equivalence of heat and work; First law of thermodynamics and its applications (only for ideal gases); Blackbody radiation: absorptive and emissive powers; Kirchhoff’s law; Wien’s displacement law, Stefan’s law.
Chapter 4 - Electricity and Mechanism
- Coulomb’s law; Electric field and potential; Electrical potential energy of a system of point charges and electrical dipoles in a uniform electrostatic field; Electric field lines; Flux of electric field; Gauss’s law and its application in simple cases, such as, to find field due to infinitely long straight wire, uniformly charged infinite plane sheet and uniformly charged thin spherical shell.
- Capacitance; Parallel plate capacitor with and without dielectrics; Capacitors in series and parallel; Energy stored in a capacitor.
- Electric current; Ohm’s law; Series and parallel arrangements of resistances and cells; Kirchhoff’s laws and simple applications; Heating effect of current.
- Biot–Savart’s law and Ampere’s law; Magnetic field near a current-carrying straight wire, along the axis of a circular coil and inside a long straight solenoid; Force on a moving charge and a current-carrying wire in a uniform magnetic field.
- Magnetic moment of a current loop; Effect of a uniform magnetic field on a current loop; Moving coil galvanometer, voltmeter, ammeter and their conversions. Electromagnetic induction: Faraday’s law, Lenz’s law; Self and mutual inductance; RC, LR and LC circuits with d.c. and a.c. sources.
Chapter 5 - Optics
- Rectilinear propagation of light; Reflection and refraction at plane and spherical surfaces; Total internal reflection; Deviation and dispersion of light by a prism; Thin lenses; Combinations of mirrors and thin lenses; Magnification.
- Wave nature of light: Huygen’s principle, interference limited to Young’s double-slit experiment.
Chapter 6 - Modern Physics
- Atomic nucleus; Alpha, Beta and Gamma radiations; Law of radioactive decay; Decay constant; Half-life and mean life; Binding energy and its calculation; Fission and fusion processes; Energy calculation in these processes.
- Photoelectric effect; Bohr’s theory of hydrogen-like atoms; Characteristic and continuous X-rays, Moseley’s law; de Broglie wavelength of matter waves.
Important Topics in JEE Advanced Physics
The following are the important topics in JEE Advanced Physics.
- Alternating current
- Current electricity
- Electromagnetic field
- Electromagnetic induction
- Electro statistics
- Heat & thermodynamics
- Heat transfer
- KTG & thermodynamics
- Center of mass
- Error in measurement
- Fluid mechanics & properties of water
- Rigid body dynamics
- Unit and dimension
- Modern physics
- Nuclear physics
- Geometrical optics & physical optics
- SHM & waves
- Sound waves
Best Physics Book for JEE Advanced
Physics is one of the important sections in the JEE Advanced exam. Candidates who crack the JEE Mains exam will appear for the JEE Advanced exam. Therefore, it is one step away from getting admission into the prestigious IITs.
Hence, they should prepare well for the JEE Advanced exam by preparing from the best JEE Advanced Physics book. To help with the candidate's preparation, we have provided the JEE Advanced Physics, available in the PW store. Click the link below to learn more about this JEE Advanced Physics book.
Benefits of JEE Advanced Physics Book
The following are some of the benefits of the JEE Advanced Physics book.
Previous Year Papers
This JEE Physics book contains 13 years of JEE exam papers. Hence, practicing these papers will give a good idea to the candidates about the exam. And the best part about this JEE Physics book is that solutions for the previous year's papers are also given in this book.
Subject-wise modules for Class 11 and 12 are attached in this JEE Physics book and 2 solution booklets. Hence, Class 11 and 12 students can prepare from this book for their CBSE Class 12 board.
Latest Exam Pattern
This JEE Physics book is based on the latest exam pattern. Also, it is prepared by expert faculty members in the Physics field. Hence, this JEE Physics book is recommended for both JEE Mains and Advanced preparation. In addition to this, it is good for last-minute revision.
Elaborate answers are given for better understanding. Since the Physics section contains many problems, understanding the concepts is very important. This JEE Physics book is perfect for candidates who want everything to be explained from scratch.
Improves Problem-Solving Skills
Candidates can improve their problem-solving skills by practicing from this JEE Physics book. They can learn the tips and tricks needed to solve the problems faster.
Also Read: JEE Advanced 2024 Maths Book
JEE Advanced Physics Book FAQs
Q1. Where can I find the JEE Physics book?
Ans. Candidates can find the JEE Physics book in the PW store.
Q2. Does this JEE Advanced book contain previous year's papers?
Ans. Yes, previous year's papers are included in this JEE Advanced book.
Q3. Why is this JEE Advanced book the best for JEE exam preparation?
Ans. This JEE Advanced book contains 2 solution booklets and elaborate answers prepared on the latest exam pattern.
Q4. Is the JEE Advanced exam difficult?
Ans. The JEE Advanced exam is difficult because it determines the candidate's admission to the prestigious IITs.
Q5. Can I get other JEE Advanced books in the PW store?
Ans. Candidates can get other JEE Advanced books for Maths and Chemistry in the PW store.
IIT Jee Study Material For Physics, Chemistry, And Maths