JEE Advanced 2024 Maths Book: Chapter-wise Weightage and Important Topics
The JEE Advanced Maths book plays an important role in the JEE Advanced exam preparation. Hence, we have provided the best JEE Advanced Maths book. Candidates can find this JEE Advanced Maths book in the PW store.
Moreover, this JEE Advanced Maths book contains the past 13 years' previous year's papers. Besides investing in this JEE Advanced Maths book, candidates should be consistent with their preparation.
JEE Advanced Maths
Selecting the JEE Advanced Maths book is important as Maths is an important section in the JEE Advanced exam. Hence, candidates should consider factors like the reviews and ratings posted by fellow JEE aspirants before investing in the JEE Advanced Maths book.
However, checking the reviews and ratings for the JEE Advanced Maths book all alone would be tedious and time-consuming. Hence, we have provided the best JEE Advanced Maths book for candidates to help with their JEE Advanced exam preparation.
JEE Advanced Maths Syllabus
The following provides the JEE Advanced Maths syllabus.
Chapter 1 - Algebra
- Algebra of complex numbers, addition, multiplication, conjugation, polar representation, properties of modulus and principal argument, triangle inequality, cube roots of unity, geometric interpretations.
- Quadratic equations with real coefficients, relations between roots and coefficients, formation of quadratic equations with given roots, symmetric functions of roots.
- Arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic means, sums of finite arithmetic and geometric progressions, infinite geometric series, sums of squares and cubes of the first n natural numbers.
- Logarithms and their properties.
- Permutations and combinations, binomial theorem for a positive integral index, properties of binomial coefficients.
Chapter 2 - Matrices
- Matrices as a rectangular array of real numbers, equality of matrices, addition, multiplication by a scalar and product of matrices, transpose of a matrix, determinant of a square matrix of order up to three, inverse of a square matrix of order up to three, properties of these matrix operations, diagonal, symmetric and skew-symmetric matrices and their properties, solutions of simultaneous linear equations in two or three variables.
Chapter 3 - Probability
- Addition and multiplication rules of probability, conditional probability, Bayes Theorem, independence of events, computation of probability of events using permutations and combinations.
Chapter 4 - Trigonometry
- Trigonometric functions, their periodicity and graphs, addition and subtraction formulae, formulae involving multiple and sub-multiple angles, general solution of trigonometric equations.
- Relations between sides and angles of a triangle, sine rule, cosine rule, half-angle formula and the area of a triangle, inverse trigonometric functions (principal value only).
Chapter 5 - Analytical Geometry
- Two dimensions: Cartesian coordinates, distance between two points, section formulae, shift of origin.
- Equation of a straight line in various forms, angle between two lines, distance of a point from a line; Lines through the point of intersection of two given lines, equation of the bisector of the angle between two lines, concurrency of lines; Centroid, orthocentre, incentre and circumcentre of a triangle.
- Equation of a circle in various forms, equations of tangent, normal and chord. Parametric equations of a circle, intersection of a circle with a straight line or a circle, equation of a circle through the points of intersection of two circles and those of a circle and a straight line.
- Equations of a parabola, ellipse and hyperbola in standard form, their foci, directrices and eccentricity, parametric equations, equations of tangent and normal. Locus problems.
- Three dimensions: Direction cosines and direction ratios, equation of a straight line in space, equation of a plane, distance of a point from a plane.
Chapter 6 - Differential Calculus
- Real valued functions of a real variable, into, onto and one-to-one functions, sum, difference, product and quotient of two functions, composite functions, absolute value, polynomial, rational, trigonometric, exponential and logarithmic functions. Limit and continuity of a function, limit and continuity of the sum, difference, product and quotient of two functions, L’Hospital rule of evaluation of limits of functions.
- Even and odd functions, inverse of a function, continuity of composite functions, intermediate value property of continuous functions.
- Derivative of a function, derivative of the sum, difference, product and quotient of two functions, chain rule, derivatives of polynomial, rational, trigonometric, inverse trigonometric, exponential and logarithmic functions.
- Derivatives of implicit functions, derivatives up to order two, geometrical interpretation of the derivative, tangents and normals, increasing and decreasing functions, maximum and minimum values of a function, Rolle’s theorem and Lagrange’s mean value theorem.
Chapter 7 - Integral Calculus
- Integration as the inverse process of differentiation, indefinite integrals of standard functions, definite integrals and their properties, fundamental theorem of integral calculus.
- Integration by parts, integration by the methods of substitution and partial fractions, application of definite integrals to the determination of areas involving simple curves.
- Formation of ordinary differential equations, solution of homogeneous differential equations, separation of variables method, linear first-order differential equations.
- Addition of vectors, scalar multiplication, dot and cross products, scalar triple products and their geometrical interpretations.
Important Topics in JEE Advanced Maths
The following are the important topics in JEE Advanced Maths.
- Complex number
- Coordinate geometry
- Straight line
- Differential calculus
- Application of derivatives
- Fundamentals of mathematics
- Integral calculus
- Area under curve
- Definite integration
- Differential equation
- Matrix and determinants
- Matrices and determinants
- Permutation and combination
- Inverse trigonometric function
- Solution of triangle
- Trigonometric ratio and identities
- Vector and 3D
Best JEE Advanced Maths Books
Mathematics is one of the important sections in the JEE Advanced exam. It not only helps the candidates to crack the JEE Advanced entrance test but also helps them in the future whenever they come across any Maths concept.
Hence, candidates should dedicate more time to this section as the other two sections, such as Physics and Chemistry, also require Mathematics to solve the problems. Moreover, a complete understanding of the Maths concept is important.
For this, candidates have to prepare from the best JEE Advanced Maths book. To help with that, we have listed the best JEE Maths available in the PW store. Click the link below to learn more about this JEE Advanced Maths book.
Benefits of JEE Advanced Maths Books
The following are some of the benefits of JEE Advanced Maths books.
Latest Exam Pattern
This Maths book is prepared on the latest exam pattern. Moreover, it is prepared by expert faculty members in that field. Hence, candidates can refer to them quickly as it covers all the latest concepts needed for the JEE Advanced exam.
Every question and concept in this Maths book contains elaborate answers. This helps the candidates to attain a better understanding. Also, it provides tips and tricks to solve the questions faster. Since Mathematics is about solving questions faster, candidates should practice a lot to improve their speed.
This Maths book contains Class 11 and 12 subject-wise modules. Moreover, 2 solutions booklets are given in this book. Hence, students in Class 11 and 12 can also refer to this book for the Maths subject.
Level Wise Questions
This Maths book includes crisp theory and level-wise questions. An introduction for every concept is given so that candidates can understand the importance of it. Questions are divided into levels wise. Hence, candidates can start with the level that they are comfortable with.
13 Years Previous Year Papers
This Maths book includes the last 13 years' JEE exam papers. In addition to this, solutions for this previous year's papers are also included in this book. Hence, candidates don't have to search elsewhere for solutions.
JEE Advanced Maths FAQs
Q1. Where can I get the JEE Maths book?
Ans. Candidates can get the JEE Maths book in the PW store.
Q2. Does this JEE Maths book contain the previous year's papers?
Ans. Yes, previous year's papers are included in this JEE Maths book.
Q3. What are the benefits of this JEE Maths book?
Ans. This JEE Maths book contains elaborate answers, past 13 years' papers, and level-wise questions.
Q4. How many hours daily should a candidate study for the JEE Maths section?
Ans. Candidates should dedicate at least 3 hours daily to the JEE Maths section.
Q5. How many sections are there in the JEE Maths exam?
Ans. The JEE Maths exam consists of three sections: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
IIT Jee Study Material For Physics, Chemistry, And Maths